The only thing that motivates me to wake up every morning and leave my cozy warm bed is breakfast. Without it, my whole day feels incomplete. I just don’t get people, who skip breakfast just because they don’t feel hungry or don’t have enough time. Breakfast is not only my personally most adored meal, but it also fuels your body with energy for starting the day. That’s why it is so important to have a healthy nourishing breakfast full with protein and fiber and stop buying irresistible but not very healthy pastries from the local bakery. They may be cheap and perfect for the go, but they are nothing more than carbs and sugar and will only make you feel tired and even hungrier. As much as I also love the smell of freshly baked croissant, I have taught myself to make a few healthy breakfast meals, which satisfy my morning cravings and make me feel fuller and energized for longer. They take no longer than 5 minutes to make and I hope they inspire your next breakfast.
1. Avocado Toast – As basic as it could get, avocado on toast is probably one of my favorite things to have whenever I am in a hurry. No matter what time of the day it is, this magical food creation always manages to nourish my body with happiness and healthy fats. You just need to mash your avocado, squeeze in some lemon, sprinkle it with some salt and pepper and spread the mixture on your toast. Sometimes I have those days when I am feeling a bit fancier or just want to make my plate look more aesthetically pleasing, so I add some chili flakes or chia seeds on top.
2. Yogurt with homemade granola – If you are a person, who doesn’t like having a heavy breakfast and you just want have a quick bite in the morning then you can just mix in some regular or coconut yogurt with some granola, fruits and honey.
3. Oatmeal – full with fiber, this heartwarming bowl of coziness is admittedly one of the best things to start your day with. You can either use instant oats, which just need some water and a microwave or make regular oats on the stove top. You just pour half a cup of old-fashioned into 1/4 of a cup boiling water, stir in the oats and leave them simmering until they have absorbed all the liquid. Afterwards you can mix in whatever you want, I personally like to keep it simple, so then I just add some honey, cinnamon, sliced apple and peanut butter.
*If you don’t have any time in the morning to wait for your oatmeal, you can just make some overnight oats. Put all the ingredients as you would use for your favorite oatmeal in a jar, cover with nut milk or yogurt, leave in the fridge and enjoy in the morning.*
4. Toast with nut butter and banana – If I am aware that I am going to have a very busy morning and I won’t be able to eat until lunch time then I normally would have this delicious toast. The carbs and fiber from the bread and banana, combined with the protein and healthy fats from the nut butter fill me up until my next meal.
5. Chia seed pudding – Another thing, which you can make the night before is chia seed pudding. It is almost effortless to prepare. It is also perfect if you are meal prepping since it can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. I am a big chocolate lover, and my favorite chia seed pudding recipe by no surprise, calls for chocolate. You just throw 3tsp chia seeds with 1tsp of chocolate powder in a mason jar add your nut milk of choice and leave overnight. That way it can absorb all the liquid and voilà you have your very own delicious homemade breakfast dessert. You can also find all sorts of recipes online and customize your pudding however you desire. The same as the overnight oats, it is convenient and you can bring your jar to work or school.
Well, those were all my favorite breakfast meals. As you can see they are all easy and fast to prepare! You have no excuses left to not start your day with a healthy meal.
If you’ve liked this post and would like to learn how I prepare my breakfast exactly, follow my blog for more.