Hey lovelies! It’s almost November and I’m already freezing outside. The cold weather is really getting on my nerves and the only thing I want to do is sit at home, read a book and cozy myself up with a comfort meal and a cup of tea. For a few days now I’ve been really wanting to make myself a warming bowl of curry, but because of uni deadlines I didn’t really have the time to cook a proper meal. For this reason I came up with this quick one pot curry recipe using one of my all time seasonal ingredients- butternut squash. It’s extremely easy to make, since all you need to do is chop up your ingredients, put them in a pot along with some spices and wait a little until all the flavors come together and do their magic.
(For 2 portions)
1/2 uncooked red lentils
1/2 butternut squash diced
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp curry paste( or mix 1 tsp of curry powder, turmeric, cumin and paprika)
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp ginger
2 handfuls of kale
* best served with rice or naan bread
What to do?
1. Cut your veggies into cubes
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Coconut oil( or whatever oil you have) in a pan
3. Add your onion, sauté for a few minutes
4. When your onion is sautéed add garlic, curry paste and spices
5. Stir them through and add the butternut squash
6.Add your tomatoes and red lentils
7. Pour 2 cups of water
8. Leave everything to simmer for around 25-30mins until the lentils and squash are cooked
9. When they are ready, add your coconut milk and kale, leave to simmer for 5 more minutes
Voilà your curry is done! Before serving squize the lime on top.
There you have it a simple and warming one pot curry recipe that is perfect for those lazy days where you just feel like sitting at home and taking time for yourself.