Sweet potatoes have definitely been an ongoing trend for the past few years and to be honest I absolutely get the hype. They are so versatile and therefore can be used in so many different recipes, both sweet and savory. I like adding them in my stews, soups, puréeing them or even make brownies with them. However, today I’m sharing with you how I enjoy them most of the time. This recipe is inspired by a dish I used to have almost every day in the summer. It not only brings back so many wonderful summer memories but it’s also extremely tasteful and works great as a starter, side or even a main dish. I’ve made this recipe a few times for some of my friends and they’ve emptied their plate every single time.
1 large sweet potato
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp. Smoked paprika
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Sesame seeds
Salt & pepper
For the avocado dip:
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Toasted sesame oil
100 g coconut yoghurt(regular also works)
What to do?
1. Preheat oven to 180 C
2. Cut sweet potatoes length wise so they end up like wedges
3. Line a baking tray with baking sheet
4. Add your sweet potatoes and mix well through with all the spices and olive oil
5. Place in oven for 40min or until golden brown and crispy on the edges
6. Meanwhile make your dip by simply adding all the ingredients in a blender
7. Blend until you get a smooth consistency
8. When sweet potatoes are ready take out of the oven, place them in a bowl with dipping sauce and enjoy!
I hope you like this recipe, if you end up making it share your results with me.