Lemon strawberry mascarpone cream cake 🍰
When it comes to dessert making, my confidence level becomes very low. Although this may sound strange for some, I also don’t have a very big sweet tooth. Since it was my birthday yesterday, I had to overcome my fear of making sweet treats and prepare myself a cake to share with the family. I went for this seasonal light option that combines two of my favorite things lemon and strawberries. Surprisingly , it turned out better than expected and in addition it was extremely easy, fast to make and required barely any baking skills. :
For the cream:
500 g mascarpone cheese
200 ml cream
2 lemons(juice of 1 + zest of 2)
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g strawberry jam
2 tbsp. Powdered sugar
For the base:
250g digestive biscuits
100g melted butter
What to do?
1. Firstly crush the biscuits to crumbs
2. In a bowl place biscuit crumbs and melted butter, and mix through until all the crumbs are coated.
3. Transfer to the prepared round tin and press firmly down to the base to form an even layer.
4. Chill in the fridge for an hour and bake in the oven for 5-10 mins or until a firm base is formed.
5. Meanwhile prepare your filling, by adding all the ingredients listed above in a bowl and beat through with an electric mixer until the mixture is well-combined
6. Spoon the mascarpone mixture over the base and smooth the top of the cream cake with back of the spoon
7. Leave in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours or overnight
Top the mascarpone cake with fresh strawberries and biscuit crumbles.